Family Advocate/Parent Educator
La Plata Family Centers Coalition is hiring a Full-time Family Advocate/Parent Educator, preferably Bilingual Spanish/English speaking. Duties include providing family support services, early childhood education, parent education, and other community activities as driven by the mission of LPFCC.
- Provide emergency assistance referrals (housing, utilities, medical, food bank, etc.), refer families to all applicable programs within LPFCC and the community
- Complete the CFSA 2.0 and assist with goal setting for families enrolled in the program
- Provide life skills training such as money management/budgeting
- Complete data entry of services provided
- Work closely with the Data Manager to ensure that programs goals are being measured and addressed
- Assist with other tasks and duties as deemed necessary by the Executive Director
Qualifications Family Advocate:
- De-escalation and crisis intervention skills
- Supportive and positive attitude
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Publisher, Windows, Internet/Email, etc.)
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license, minimum auto liability insurance and personal transportation
- Must be willing to travel locally, throughout the state and nationally if needed
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Qualifications Parent Educator:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred
- Familiar with the community and early childhood programs
- Excellent organizational skills and data keeping.
- BA in Education or related field is preferred and/or 5 years experience in Early Childhood Development, and/or must be a parent.
- The Family Center will provide corresponding training with the Parents as Teachers National Office.
- Must share in the Family Center philosophy.